How to Setup an Axis Camera with Camcloud
We’re excited to announce a number of new features for Axis Cameras including:
- Support for cloud storage of both video and image-capture
- Recordings now leverage the Axis “pre-event” recording feature so you never miss a thing
- Resolution support for 480p, 720p, and 1080p (only resolutions supported by the user’s particular camera will be displayed)
- Support for pan-tilt functionality (only f your camera supports it)
- Customize your camera’s Motion Detection Area
Sound good? Jump to the setup guide and video below.
Important Note for Existing Customers
- For Axis users with firmware update 5.5 and beyond. All these features will be supported for all Axis cameras. In order to get access to the new features, please delete and re-add your camera to allow the new update to apply. Don’t worry, none of your recordings will get deleted. All your recordings will still be available in the Clip Manager.
- For Axis users with firmware update 5.4 and older. You will still get all the new features, including pre-event recording but the only available recording capture mode is images — no video. Since images will be recorded every second, and when combined with the pre-event recording feature, we believe this is a big improvement over the previous cloud storage capabilities. We highly recommend that you delete and re-add your camera to allow the new update to apply. Don’t worry, none of your recordings will get deleted! All your recordings will still be available in the Clip Manager.
Got questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Step #1. Add Camera Wizard
First Login to Camcloud.com. Click on the “CAMERAS” tab. This is where you’ll have a list of any cameras you’ve already setup.
Click on “Add Camera” and pick “Axis”. You can name your camera whatever you’d like. Once you click on next, you’ll have to add in your camera’s username, password, IP address, HTTP and RTSP ports. This means both your RTSP and HTTP ports need be forwarded on your router. Once you have an Axis camera on your network, you can find the IP address.
Click on Next.
We’ve recently upgraded our support for Axis Cameras, which means that Camcloud’s video stream supports 480p, 720p, and 1080p. Since my camera supports 1080p, we can change the video quality stream setting here to 1080p. This is where you can also change whether or not you’d like notifications, and the sensitivity of your camera’s motion detection. Once you’re done, click on “Finish”.
Now the setup wizard is gonna run through its process and confirm that it completed the configuration successfully. If you’re having trouble setting up your camera, contact us at email@example.com.
Step #2. Setup Your Motion Detection Area and Pan/Tilt Functionality
Since the setup is complete, it will get added to your list of cameras. Go over to the Live view tab and see if it works.
You can take a look at what’s happening right now from the “Live View” tab. You can also change the camera’s positioning through its Pan/Tilt Functionality here if your camera supports it.
Setup the camera’s Motion Detection by clicking on the Motion Detection. To change the camera’s motion detection area, move the red box around, increase or decrease its size, then click on “Save Area”.
Step #3. Make Sure Your Timeline Page is Getting Populated
Go over to the Timeline page to see if any recordings were saved. The timeline will populate any event that happens with a blue bar. You can also download the clip if you’d like by clicking on the download button.
We offer a generous amount of storage space, so there’s no need for software or any on-site device to be installed.
That’s it for the setup! If you have any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re looking for a surveillance camera cloud storage service, try out Camcloud’s free plan. We also have several paid plans that offer a large amount of cloud storage.