Today we are introducing a new video recording feature for Foscam FI89xx series cameras. These cameras are based on an older video standard known as MJPEG and only have the ability to upload images to the cloud.
Now, using Camcloud you can capture video recordings as well as images! To enable this feature follow these steps.
- Add your FI89xx camera to Camcloud from the cameras page as you normally would.
- By default the “Capture Mode” will be set to Image.
- Once the camera appears in your Camcloud camera list, select the Edit button and change the capture mode to “Video” or “Both”. See screenshot below.
- Camcloud will save 10 second video clips when there’s motion detected by the camera.
- We recommend selecting “Both”, at least as an initial configuration to ensure you’re capturing the recordings you want.
- Note that this is a paid feature only — existing users can upgrade from their My Account page or view our Plans and Pricing page for more info.
We hope you like the new functionality! Let us know any feedback in the comments below.