What’s FAKE cloud surveillance, anyway?
How to Identify a REAL Cloud Surveillance Solution
If you are currently evaluating a new video surveillance solution and considering the switch to cloud-based, here are the top 5 things to consider:
- Direct camera to cloud connectivity. Eliminate the need for redundant, complex on-site hardware gateways. Connect your cameras directly to the cloud for fast and fail-safe surveillance. Ensure that your provider offers direct connectivity to the cloud, to avoid any of these issues.
- Video recording to the cloud. Ensure that your critical surveillance footage is safely recorded off-site in the cloud—and is not simply an archival solution. This way, you can access and manage your private cloud recordings. With a basic archival solution you cannot access multi-camera timelines or use web and mobile apps.
- Redundancy in conjunction with local VMS storage. With larger deployments, total cloud solutions are not currently economical or feasible. It’s important to have a solution that will allow you to record to a local VMS while simultaneously recording your high priority cameras to the cloud. This ensures that footage from high priority cameras (cash registers, safes, exit/entry) will not be lost.
- Secure solutions with camera manufacturers. Integrations with premium camera brands is key to success with cloud video surveillance. Secure surveillance with trusted camera partners will provide advanced cloud notifications that will work across all connected cameras. If your vendor does not offer this, move on.
- No additional hardware required. A hardware-free solution offers the ability to minimize points of failure with the largest to smallest number of camera deployment solutions, while also eliminating complex network configuration. Ease of setup and ongoing maintenance are very important with your cloud solution.
Camcloud is a modern cloud service that does not require any on-premises hardware device or the installation of complex software that runs on your PC or servers. If you’d like to learn more about how our solution can help: email@example.com